Jan 9, 2012

A Pajama Party and Bokeh!

How much does it cost to make four pairs of pajamas and two nightgowns?
$30?  $40?  $50?
Well, let me tell you...

big chunk of flannel from the thrift store...3.99
flannel sheet from the thrift store....2.99
bias trim from the thrift store...50 cents
elastic....1.49
four clearance-priced t-shirts....4.00

TOTAL= $12.97
(That's about $2.16 per child!)

Not too bad!  I used an old pair of pajama pants to make the pattern for the boys.  The girls' nightgowns were made using this pattern from Sew, Mama, Sew!  I did add a ruffle to the sleeves and bottom of the nightgown for added detail.  The nightgowns seemed a little wide in the chest, so in the future I might cut them down a little.  All in all, it was a pretty easy pattern.

Christmas Break was like one long pajama party!


And what's a pajama party without making a few goofy faces?


I also thought I would try my hand at Bokeh before the Christmas lights came down....and not just regular bokeh, but shaped bokeh.  I learned the technique by following this tutorial at The Hobby Room.  It's a pretty fun technique with amazing results.

"Regular"


"Stars"


"Snowflakes"


I'm excited about this technique and can't wait to experiment more with it!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a cute bunch of kids! The pj's and nightgowns are great too. I've seen photos taken with normal bokeh before but not the shaped - pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your snowflake bokeh turned out and especially the stars with your nativity piece. I really need to get a snowflake punch! I was just checking my blog stats and saw that a number of people visited from your site, so I just wanted to check it out and say thanks, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going making all those pyjamas for less than $3 each.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan